SUBJECT: 10 December Meeting Minutes Attendees: Dan Bradford, Angela Drinkwitz, Russ Pangburn, Michael Uyehara, David Starnes, Alex McMahon
1. Meeting Location/Embassy: All State Department activities will begin officially operating from the New Embassy Compound (NEC) starting 1 Jan 09 (some functions already transitioning). Next week (17 Dec), we will meet at our current location in the Embassy—new location will be defined at that time. 2. Iraqi Children Participation: Ramazan is setting up a meeting with the Ministry of Education to discuss participation in the program.
3. Spirit of America: Financial support provided by Spirit of America. Using funds to provide propane hoses, tanks, and trees (10 hoses, 5 tanks, 5 trees). Would like to provide the same for Camp Victory—Angela to contact Victory for coordination. Also need shelving to help sort supplies—Dan Bradford providing coordination and guidance.
4. Support from US-Based Scouting Organizations: Waiting until exams are finished. More activities when holidays are over.
5. Kitchen Supplies: Angela to send Dan an inventory of the kitchen supplies.
Attendees: Dan Bradford, Angela Drinkwitz, Ralph Allen, Russ Pangburn, Weldon Hobbs, Pat Bell, Michael Uyehara, David Starnes, Larry Douglas
1. Further discussion on future locations for meetings. Some concerns on location and its affect on meeting participation. General consensus appears to be the NEC. Interim locations discussed were the Chaplain’s building at Union 3 and GRD compound. Will only have the Embassy for another 3 meetings. Need confirmation on new location soon. As the military presence consolidates and draws-down over time, look to Embassy personnel to provide continuity and leadership.
2. New patches are in. Looking to design 5-year patch w/ Iraqi Swords.
3. No Pinewood Derby –no participation from children and school leadership. Ramazan will set up a meeting to re-invigorate school leadership.
4. Discussion around stateside Troops to provide assistance (stuff) for GZC and Iraqi kids. Looking for input and further guidance. One topic of discussion were propane bottles for stoves—need for 5.
5. Larry to check on flooding at conexes from the torrential downpour.
6. Long-term strategy for combining Victory Council and GZ Council discussed. As we grow, it may make sense to combine efforts and councils. Concerns about geographical differences and convenience. Victory seems to have abundant resources / volunteers.
7. Regarding Land/Title issues: Aegis looking to provide support as part of long-term strategy for Iraqi presence; however, no commitment on land/title for GZC. Aegis has the resources to purchase—we need to engage for this effort. Aegis contact is Kevin Holberg.